WRITTEN DRIVING TEST
A written driving test is required for the following individuals:
- Anyone applying for a first-time driver’s license
- Anyone with a license that expired five years ago or more
- Anyone with a license from another country
The written test is not required if you have a current driver’s license from another state.
The test should take about 2 hours to be completed and is available in English, Spanish and other languages.
A score of 70% or better is required to pass.
Documents needed for the written test
Proof of identity (1 document)
- If you need to obtain a copy of your SSN card, contact your local Social Security office.
- If you need a copy of your birth certificate contact the Department of Vital Statistics from the state you were born in.