STANDARD IDENTIFICATION CARD
- Proof of identity and age (1 document)
- Proof of Nex Mexico residency (2 documents)
*All documents must be unexpired and valid*
Documents that Establish Proof of Identity and Age Applicant MUST also provide two proofs of New Mexico residency.See List B for acceptable proofs of NM residency.
To be published revised rule 184.108.40.206 NMAC provides that the documents listed below are acceptable as proof of identity and age for non-commercial standard driver’s license and standard identification cards not intended for federal purposes after October 1st, 2020.
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate filed with a state office of vital statistics or equivalent agency in the individuals place of birth.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the US Department of State, Form FS240, DS-1350 or FS-545.
- Unexpired Employment Authorization document issued by the US Department of Homeland Security, form I-766 or form I-688B, verified by SAVE.
- Identification card issued by the consulate of Mexico in El Paso Texas, Albuquerque New Mexico, or such other foreign consulate.
- Certified Letter of Enrollment issued by a federally recognized Indian nation, tribe, or pueblo.
- Valid Identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian nation, tribe, or pueblo.
- Certified copy of foreign birth certificate, with a notarized English translation if not in English.
- Affidavit of Indian Birth 15. U.S. active duty/retiree/reservist military ID card (DOD ID DD-2).
- State issued driver’s license, driver’s license issued by a U.S. Territory, or by jurisdiction of Canada, with photograph and has not been expired more than a year.
- State government-issued photo ID card, or photo ID card issued by U.S. Territory, or by jurisdiction of Canada, with photograph and has not been expired more than a year.
- A state government issued learners permit, or a learner’s permit issued by a territory of the US, or by a jurisdiction of Canada, with photograph and has not been expired more than a year.
- American Indian or Alaskan proof of Indian blood, certificate of degree of Indian blood, federal Indian census card or tribal membership card.
- Photo ID card issued by the U.S. Military, U.S. Coast Guard or New Mexico National Guard.
- ID document issued by the U.S. Veterans Administration, so long as it is accompanied by a U.S. Veterans Administration medical center identification card.
- U.S., state, or local governmentissued photo ID, issued based on name, social security number and date of birth if not expired more than
- N560 Certificate of Citizenship, if verified in SAVE.
- N550 Certificate of Naturalization, if verified in SAVE.
- Valid Permanent Resident card issued by the U.S. government, if verified in SAVE.
- Valid I-551 resident alien card, issued since 1997, if verified in SAVE.
Documents that Establish Proof of NM Residency
In conjunction with LIST A, the application must also provide two (2) of the following documents with the same physical address to establish proof of New Mexico Residency: Documents can be from the same category below, but not from the same entity.
- Current real property rental or purchase agreement.
- Insurance bill, card, or binder dated within the past 6 months.
- Bank or credit card statement.
- Employment pay stub containing applicant’s name and address.
- Local property tax statement.
- Documentation from an education institution such as a transcript, report card or enrollment confirmation.
- Original documents from a city, county, state, tribal or federal government organization attesting to the fact that the applicant is a New Mexico resident The following documents must be dated within 60 days: 2 Utility bill; Does not include cell phone bills.
- New Mexico medical assistance card with address on card, letter from issuing agency that came with card showing name and address, or profile printout from issuing agency.
- New Mexico public assistance card with address on card, letter from issuing agency that came with card showing name and address, or profile printout from issuing agency.
- Documents indicating membership in a NM religious organization provided applicant is less than 18 years of age.
- Documents indicating membership in a NM sports organization provided applicant is less than 18 years of age.
- If the applicant is less than 18 years of age, an affidavit from the applicant’s parent or guardian stating that the applicant lives with that person, as long as the affidavit is accompanied by the parent/guardian’s New Mexico Identification card, or two proofs of residency of the parent/guardian.
- Document evidencing eligibility and proof that the applicant is currently receiving services from a non-profit organization qualified pursuant to Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code of 1986 provided the document displays the applicant’s addres.